After being led down a few wrong paths on how to install the SEO Facebook Comments plugin, I decided it would be nice to have an explanation that actually works! So here it goes…
The SEO Facebook Comments Plugin allows you to have a Facebook comment box on your website or blog that automatically posts comments on the commentator’s Facebook page.
First, it increases exposure to your website/blog because every time someone’s comment is posted to their Facebook page all of their friends see it. Second, normally the Facebook comment system is embedded into the website and Google isn’t able to read the comments and associate them with your website. This plugin changes that and can increase your page’s Google ranking.
1) Log into your WordPress account
2) Install the SEO Facebook Comments plugin
3) When you install the plugin it will ask for a few pieces of information (don’t worry it’s easy to get). Go to Facebook Developers Page and at the top of the screen click the drop down menu for “Apps” and then click the “Create New App” button.
4) Fill in the required information and then copy and paste the Apple ID and Secret Codes into the WordPress screen.
5) It will also ask you for your Facebook user ID. This can be found at: Find My Facebook ID. Simply type in the URL for your Facebook page and it will generate your ID for you! Copy this into the WordPress screen and click submit!
If you already have a WordPress comment box you can disable it by going to settings and then discussions and deselecting the boxes that create the WordPress comment box.
If you are using the Jetpack plugin for a comment box, go into Jetpack and in the square that’s titled Jetpack comments, click the box that says “Learn More” and then a deactivate button will appear.
Copyright © 2020 J-Town Internet Services. All rights reserved.